- AUCNY continues to offer patients telemedicine appointments as a convenient alternative to an office visit.
- To schedule a telemedicine visit, call your AUCNY office during office hours and request a telemedicine appointment.
What is a telemedicine visit?
- A telemedicine visit is a face-to-face online conversation with your doctor done from the safety of your home.
- During this virtual visit, your physician can evaluate symptoms, diagnose and treat your issue. Should a prescription be necessary, your doctor will electronically send the request to your pharmacy.
- You and your doctor will be able to share lab tests and images, and order whatever testing is needed during the visit
Can all urology appointments be done via telemedicine?
- Call your AUCNY office to see if you are eligible for a telemedicine appointment.
What do I need to set up a telemedicine appointment?
- All you need is a Smartphone, computer or tablet with a camera and a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection to participate. The application will not work using cellular data.
Will my insurance cover my telemedicine visit?
- We are accepting all insurance plans for telemedicine.
If I need to be seen by my doctor, is the office open?
- We are committed to your health and our offices are open to care for you.
- Our offices are taking safety precautions for the well-being of our patients and staff.
- Upon arrival, all patients will undergo a routine screening as recommended by the Department of Health. Only individuals required for patient communication and mobility will be permitted to enter the office.
- Anyone entering the office will be required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth.
- We will observe proper social distancing in the office, and if appropriate, you will be able to wait for your appointment in your car.
We encourage you to use this convenient service.